The turkey wings are a high protein source and are dark in color. The calorie rate and fat present in the turkey wings are high, as dark meat has more nutrients than white meat. A smoked turkey wing is one of the delicious ways to cook turkey wings. To learn more about how to cook pre smoked turkey wings, keep reading.
Before you learn how to cook pre smoked turkey wings, knowing how to smoke turkey wings is essential, it can take up to 2 hours or more to smoke the turkey.
How To Smoke Turkey Wings?
Rather than purchasing a store-bought pre- smoked turkey wing, you can prepare smoked turkey wings with a few steps and ingredients at home. It reduces the cost and is more delicious than the store-bought pre- smoked turkey wings. Here is how you can smoke turkey wings at home; follow the steps given below,
- First, you will need –
- A turkey
- Chilli powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Soy Sauce
- Then, gather all your ingredients on the table; now, mix the onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, pepper, and some salt in a bowl.
- Next, add some lime juice, soy sauce, and vinegar, and make a thick paste.
- Now, cut your turkey wings.
- Then, apply a coat of the thick spice past covering the turkey wings completely
- Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees
- Place the turkey wings on the smoker and check the smoker’s internal temperature in the oven.
- If the internal temperature reaches 170F after 2 hours, take the wings out
- Now sprinkler the lime juice all over the smoked turkey wings
A smoked turkey wing gives the best crispiness to the skin blending the flavors. The smoked turkey wings take a light to dark brown shade and have a crispy texture look.
How To Cook Pre Smoked Turkey Wings?
The pre-smoked turkey wings can be cooked in many ways and styles; however, the most traditional way of cooking the pre-smoked turkey is through an oven. Other methods like cooking on a stove, barbeque machine, and roasting are some other methods. The styles used to cook pre- smoked turkey wings vary from each country to the ingredients.
The pre-smoked turkey wings bought from the store are almost cooked; thus, only a few adjustments are needed to enrich the flavors before tossing them into your conventional oven, stove, or air fryer.
There are three ways you can cook the pre-smoked turkey wings: turkey wings on the stove, turkey wings in the oven, and turkey wings in an air fryer.
The pre-smoked turkey wings can be cooked in different modes; every three modes are given in detail on you can cook the turkey wings.
How To Remove Cabinet Doors Safely Without causing Damages? Read Here.
How To Cook pre Smoked Turkey Wings In An Oven?
To cook the pre- smoked turkey wings in an oven, first, you will need
- The pre-smoked turkey wings
- Apple -cider vinegar
- Paprika powder
- Chilli powder
- garlic and ginger paste
- Onion powder
- Turmeric powder
- Soy sauce
After gathering the necessary ingredients on a table, follow the steps below to cook the pre-smoked turkey wings.
- Mix chili powder, turmeric powder, onion powder, paprika powder, sugar, and some salt in a bowl
- Add apple -cider vinegar, lime juice, curd, ginger and garlic paste, and soy sauce to the bowl.
- Mix until you get a thick paste that can be spread
- If the paste is too tight, apply and add some water to loosen it
- Now preheat the oven
- Apply the thick spice paste for full coverage over the pre-smoked turkey wings
- Then, oil the baking tray
- Now, the turkey wings on the baking tray and slide them into the oven
- Bake for 15 minutes per pound
- Finally, once the turkey wings are cooked, take them out and let them cool before served
How To Cook Pre Smoked Turkey Wings On A Stove?
Cooking pre- smoked turkey wings can be prepared with a few steps,
- First, chop garlic, onions, and some bell pepper
- Turn on the stove to a medium-high flame
- Take a skillet or a pan and pours some oil
- Add a few mustard seeds and chopped garlic, onion, and bell pepper when the oil starts heating.
- Wait for it to turn to a light shade of brown.
- Now you can toss the pre-smoked turkey into the skillet and pour some chicken broth or stock till the pre-smoked turkey wings are covered.
- Add some pepper and salt to the pan
- Cook for 15 min per pound
- Transfer to a bowl once the pre-smoked turkey wings are cooked.
Santoku vs Chef knife. We Have The Comparison You Want Here.
How To Cook Pre Smoked Turkey Wings Using An Air Fryer?
Cooking the pre-smoked turkey wings in the air fryer is one of the easiest ways, giving away a crispy texture and a crunch with every bite, all you have to do is,
- First, preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees
- Take the pre- smoked turkey wings and dip them in egg wash made of egg and milk.
- Then dust the turkey wings with corn flour or bread crumbs
- Spray the non-stick oil on the air fryer basket
- Now carefully place the turkey wings on the air fryer basket
- Leave for 15 to 20 minutes
- Take the turkey wings out when the turkey wings have turned to a golden brown shade.
- Finally, serve with the dipping sauce for an appetizing meal.
The three types of ways used to cook the pre-smoked turkey wings are delicious in three different styles. The pre-smoked turkey wings are baked, cooked, and fired, enhancing different flavors. There are also other ways to cook pre- smoked turkey wings using a pressure cooker and crock pot.
To taste smoked turkey wings instead of buying from the store, you can also prepare smoked turkey at home. It is also discussed above how you can prepare smoked turkey wings at home, following the instructions.